With a newborn, a toddler and illness swirling around our house the last month, doing laundry has become a problem; more to the point, finishing laundry is the real issue. It's loaded, washed and moved to Braden's future "Big Boy Room", but as of late, it is piled, one stack upon the other, left for the future to fold.
Braden and I packed the proverbial llamas, Sherpas and oxygen tanks to try and tackle our Himalayan mountain of laundry that had accumulated on his bed. I dreaded even attempting to start folding this pile of clothes, because as every mom knows, chores are often interrupted by more pressing toddler issues, leaving them with a series of tasks incomplete. Feeling the weight of the daunting task ahead, unhappily, I dug into the heaping hill of clothes. But in the true spirit that is purely Braden, what was a short moment ago a burden, was instantly transformed into a moment of elation. Braden gleefully climbed atop the bed, stood upright, and leaped on to the pillowy pile of laundry. Again and again, he dove into the great mound, laughing loudly each time he landed. What was to be a loathed chore, became a moment of joy, shared by Braden and me, as we bounced and flopped atop the clean clothes. A reminder that life is what one makes of it. Thanks, Braden.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Braden 2007-2008
2 comments:
I too have a mountain! I do not wish to conquer today. Maybe the mother's day fairy will do it for me?
That is too funny!! I feel ya on the laundry. It is never ending and I only have one!!!
Post a Comment