Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Braden's "Boon"


Life is indeed like a box of chocolates. Everyday I eagerly await the next "sweet treat" Braden will discover.

Today, for example, we went to the gym. I checked on Braden in the childcare room about 45 minutes later, in hopes he would be playing happily, so I could lift a few weights. Sure enough, he was sitting and playing with a wooden toy at the kid-sized picnic table. I thought to myself, "how does he know how to sit at a table?". I guess there's a first for everything. Such a big boy!

We ventured into the new Nugget market in our neighborhood today as well. As usual, we needed more whole milk. Braden immediately spotted the white bouquet of balloons; his open right hand furiously pointing out the balloons. "BOON", he said. "BOON". We bobbed and weaved our way through our fellow shoppers, cart full of edible necessities for the week, and finally made it to the checkout stand. "Boon", Braden politely requested again. His little hand showing the way for the bag boy to retrieve him one. Braden finally had his much lauded BOON chip clipped to his shirt. Triumphantly, he bounced the balloon off his head giving himself a full head of static electricity hair. Everyone laughed, especially Braden.

2 comments:

2 Clemens Boys said...

Boons are so fun !

Cindy said...

That is a cool story! Wow...what a way with words, Braden!

Braden 2007-2008

Braden 2007-2008